When looking to buy a car, You must look at all the options.
1. Finance it and make monthly payments depending on your credit.
2. Lease it and return it after some time, But limited to the number of miles on it.
3. Buy it used from a used car lot such as Carmax..
4. Find a listing in an ad somewhere and try and buy if off the owner.
5. Win one in a contest(almost impossible)
6. Try and get a salvage title for 1/3 of the price the car is worth.
7 Get one free from friend or family.
I'm most likely missing a few other ways, But if you know a mechanic or an auto body guy. Salvage is where its at. Make sure the motor still works and the rest is cosmetic.
If you have any experiences in buying cars in any of those ways feel free to share.